We're hiring a Practice Manager
The Paraplanners is hiring a practice manager to help us operate better and achieve our plans. Your responsibilities will range from playing an active role in the leadership team to working with the directors and the team to achieve the business plan by ensuring our policies and processes are the best they can be.
The company was set up in 2002 and was the first outsourced paraplanning business in the UK. Since then, the team has grown but the principles have stayed the same.
Our clients rely on us to be able to interpret and sensibly apply the latest technical, regulatory and legislative developments. So, we ensure that our team really know what they’re talking about by always seeking to achieve the highest possible relevant qualifications, and by following a rigorous programme of continuous professional development, whether that’s through reading industry publications, attending professional events or sharing best practice with our peers.
Our purpose is to help financial advisers and planners deliver great outcomes for their clients using our technical expertise and insights. You will be an integral part of the team delivering that. We live by our core values and want to hear from you if you believe in them too. They are:
- Being as good as you can be
- Doing the right thing every time
- Making people feel valued and listened to
About the job
Like many small businesses, we have combined doing the 'day job' of paraplanning with a second job of running and managing the company. Managing the business well is vital to our future success and now is the right time to bring in someone special to focus on it. This job is all about making things run better and smoother around here. Working with the leadership team, your projects and responsibilities will include:
- Team leadership
- Implementing and refining processes and procedures
- Human resources
- Compliance and finance
- IT management
- Business marketing
You will be supported by specialist external consultants in some of these areas.
You can read a full job specification here.
We're looking for an ambitious practice manager who is seeking an opportunity to help shape the future of our firm and be part of the leadership team. You must get excited about people, processes and business development. Your days will be full of variety with responsibilities ranging from keeping our business plans on course to ensuring we maintain our sickness and holiday records! To us, that means someone who:
- Cuts though the noise and gets straight to the detail
- Is a great communicator
- Can deliver great results/outcomes within specific timeframes
- Applies experience to anticipate next steps and come up with effective solutions
- Has a proactive approach
- Can stand their ground and hold others to account when needed
- Is an excellent team leader who helps individuals to realise their potential
- Is able to bring the entire team together to make our vision a reality
- Is a creator and implementer of processes and procedure with a knowledge of IT, compliance, finance & marketing
- Has the skills to do an excellent job and ability to understand the technicalities involved within our industry
You don't need to have a financial services background but must be willing to learn. Experience of working in a small business would be useful. We want to hire the best person no matter where you are. We are currently based in South Oxfordshire but our company lives in the cloud. If you're not local, that's fine. Our team can and do work from anywhere at any time.
About the benefits
As well the opportunity to work in a stimulating environment with top professionals in their field, the benefits include:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Remote working (no more time and hassle of commuting to work)
- Flexible hours
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday
- Bonus scheme
- Pension and sick pay schemes
- Perk Bank
- Top IT kit
How to apply
If you feel you're the right person to join our team, we'd love to hear from you. A CV would be useful but we want to hear more about you, how you'd approach this job and what you'd bring to The Paraplanners. We look favourably on people who get creative with their applications.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with Practice Manager in the subject line. There's no application deadline, we'd prefer to take on someone sooner rather than later but will wait for the right person.