Participants are all set for the first outsourced paraplanning workshop
Paraplanners who want to start-up or develop their existing home-grown paraplanning service will be gathering tomorrow – 19 March 2015 – for the first outsourced preplanning workshop hosted by The Paraplanners.
The event, created by managing director Richard Allum, has been designed to address the apparent absence of support that is available to paraplanners with outsourcing ambitions.
Richard spelled out his reasons for establishing the worshop at our blog last December.
As many as 16 participants are expected to join tomorrow’s workshop, which is being held at The Paraplanners’ base at The Core Business Centre near Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
The workshop will combine open forum discussions, presentations, and question and answer sessions that will cover topics including:
▪ What does the outsourced paraplanning market look like?
▪ Is there a demand?
▪ How to set up a business and the different options
▪ What services should I offer?
▪ Setting fees and charges
▪ What software and systems do I need?
▪ Marketing and promotion
▪ Legal and accounting issues
▪ Staying on top of professional development
▪ How to work on your own without going mad?
Director of The Paraplanners’, Kim Bendall, will also be leading a session called ‘What’s it really like to run an outsourced paraplanning business?’.
The workshop will begin at 11am and will end by 4pm.